Note: Axigen now have a 64 bit installer so this article may no longer be relevant.
I thought I'd post this, even though it's not the sort of contect I usually post, because it was a bit tricky to get going. A few steps to getting the Axigen (32bit) mail server running.
- Update the OS first
sudo aptitude update
- Install the 32bit compatibility libs
sudo aptitude install ia32-libs
- Remove nbsmtp as Axigen will install an smtp transport
aptitude remove nbsmtp
- Untar the Axigen file
tar xzvf axigen-6.2.1.i386.deb.tar.gz
- Change to the new directory
- Install forcing the i386 architecture
dpkg -i --force-architecture axigen*i386*.deb
- Run the install wizard
- Start the server
- Configure the server to start at system boot
- Configure the firewall
But remember that if you're going to need external programs to run with Axigen, like anti-virus etc then you'll have a similar challenge unless the supplier has a 64bit version.
Back to article list